If you or a loved one was involved in a car accident in Las Vegas, Nevada, you are not alone. Thousands of people in the city are injured or killed in car accidents each year, and most of these accidents occur due to the negligent actions of other drivers. It is important to understand that, as a victim of an accident, you may be entitled to compensation. Hiring a Las Vegas car accident attorney is the first step to getting the justice you deserve.
Causes of car accidents in Las Vegas
Car accidents can happen for a number of reasons. There are times when the accident is due to factors that the driver cannot control. According to a report from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, some motor vehicle crashes have previously been attributed to unavoidable factors, such as unfavorable weather conditions, road debris, poor road design, obstructed road signs, or unexpected traffic problems. vehicle, such as tire damage or brake failure. However, the vast majority of collisions are caused by the negligent actions of a driver. These types of cases can be represented by a Las Vegas car accident attorney.
Non-compliance with road safety rules and other negligent driver behavior have led to serious car accidents in Las Vegas over the years. These negligent actions include, but are not limited to:
● Speeding: Drivers must respect the speed limit when operating their vehicles. Speed limits will vary by location and road, but drivers should always adhere to them. If not, they can cause a serious accident.
● Inappropriate lane changes: Failure to signal turn signals, changing lanes too quickly or without enough space between vehicles, last minute turns, and other similar actions can result in an impact between multiple vehicles.
● Failure to stop at a traffic light or stop sign: If a driver does not stop at a traffic light or stop sign, they are likely to collide with another vehicle. Motorists approaching from other directions who do not have a stop sign or who have a green light at a traffic stop will move down the road and collide with the negligent driver.
● Intoxicated Driving: According to a 2016 CDC investigation, 28% of car accident deaths in the United States were due to alcohol intoxication. Alcohol can decrease a driver’s attention span, their perception of other vehicles around them, and road signs, as well as reduce their reaction time.
● Distracted Driving: Some drivers get distracted when operating their vehicles. It may be due to listening to loud music, arguing with a passenger, or using your cell phone.
Regardless of the specific reason that caused the collision, a Las Vegas car accident attorney can fight for the rights of victims and help them file a lawsuit against those responsible.
What car accident victims need to know about their right to compensation and the ways a Las Vegas car accident attorney can help
Las Vegas car accident victims may be entitled to a variety of monetary damages for their injuries or the wrongful death of a loved one. These can include money for medical bills, rehabilitation expenses, lost wages, funeral expenses for loved ones, and more. The following is a summary of the types of compensation you can expect following a car collision lawsuit and how a Las Vegas, NV car accident law firm can fight for the compensation you deserve:
● Medical Bill Reimbursement: If you or a loved one were injured after a crash, a Las Vegas car accident attorney can help you recover damages for money spent on your medical expenses, including rehabilitation costs. Your attorney can also help you obtain compensation due to medical complications that may result in the future.
● Lost wages: If you were unable to work due to injuries from your car accident, you may be able to recover damages for lost income. Your attorney will speak with your employer and doctors to obtain an estimate of future wages to determine fair compensation.
● Funeral expenses: If a loved one died due to a negligent driver, you may be entitled to expenses related to the funeral. Funeral bills can be expensive, and your attorney will help you recover at least a portion of these costs.
● General pain and suffering: Your accident can have a lasting negative impact on your life. An experienced Las Vegas car accident law firm will help you recover punitive damages related to the emotional and psychological ramifications of the incident.
Why should you consult with a Las Vegas car accident attorney?
Without a Las Vegas car accident attorney on your side, you could lose thousands of dollars that are rightfully yours to recover. Southwest Injury Law will not allow this to happen. Our firm does everything possible to ensure that you and your loved ones obtain justice for the grievances you have suffered.
Contact Southwest Injury Law today to make sure your rights as a victim of an auto accident are protected.