Anyone who has suffered physical or emotional injuries in Las Vegas, Nevada due to the negligent actions of another person may be entitled to compensation. If you or a loved one was injured, it is important to seek legal advice as soon as possible to recover the compensation you deserve. Southwest Injury Law is available at all times to discuss your accident with you and will work diligently to help you obtain justice for the grievances you have suffered. Contact a Las Vegas injury attorney from our firm today to learn more about your rights and the process of filing a Las Vegas personal injury claim.
Common cases involving personal injury
A personal injury can involve a wide range of factors. For example, the incident may have resulted in physical injury, emotional trauma, the death of a loved one, or all of the above. Below are some of the most common types of personal injury cases that can lead to money damages recovery for victims.
Slip and fall accidents
Las Vegas companies have a responsibility to make sure that no one on their premises is injured. They are responsible for removing debris from floors, cleaning up spilled liquids, and closing hazardous areas. Whether you are walking down a street sidewalk, through a parking lot, or inside a shopping mall, if you slipped and fell due to the property owner’s negligence in providing a safe area for all of their customers, it is possible You are entitled to compensation and should consult with a Las Vegas injury attorney as soon as possible.
Nursing home neglect
When you place your elderly loved one in the care of a Las Vegas nursing facility, you expect them to be treated with respect and care at all times. I would never expect them to be injured or mistreated. Unfortunately, nursing home residents are often neglected or abused. Sometimes they are denied the care or treatments they need, which can lead to additional health complications. Other times, they may even be physically or sexually abused. If you suspect or have proof that your loved one was the victim of nursing home abuse or neglect, consult our Las Vegas injury law firm immediately.
If improper medical care was provided by a doctor, nurse or other hospital personnel or if the medication they administered caused an adverse reaction, you may be entitled to a personal injury claim. Medical errors can include actions such as not providing medical care quickly and efficiently, prescribing the wrong medication, a surgical error, and others. An attorney with experience representing injury cases in Las Vegas can argue medical malpractice, depending on the details of the incident.
The wrongful death of a loved one can be attributed to a number of factors, but these types of cases generally involve the negligent actions of another person or business. Family members can get compensation if their loved one’s death was caused by a speeding driver, a homeowner who failed to ensure their facilities were safe, unsafe workplace conditions, and other incidents caused by negligence.
The consequences of a personal injury and how a Las Vegas injury lawyer can help you
Personal injuries can result in a variety of physical damages for victims. Here are some of the types of injuries and the impact they can have on the quality of life for victims:
● Lacerations: Minor lacerations can heal relatively quickly, but deeper ones require medical treatment and stitches. Wounds can become infected, increasing healing time and leaving scars.
● Loss of a limb: Certain accidents or even medical errors can lead to the loss of a limb. These may include a person’s limb getting caught under heavy machinery or equipment that caused a loss of circulation to the area or failure to diagnose a blood clot with a similar result.
● Burns: Fires caused by someone’s negligent actions can cause extreme burns to victims. The cost of treating burns and the resulting scars can have a huge impact on victims. A Las Vegas personal injury attorney can help victims obtain compensation for medical bills and emotional damages.
● Neck and spinal cord injuries: Any injury to the neck or spine can have catastrophic effects. Victims may end up with a walking impairment or may even be paralyzed as a result of their injuries.
● Brain damage: If a personal injury victim suffers brain damage, loved ones should seek legal advice immediately. Brain damage can be so severe that it prevents the victim from returning to a normal life. Our Las Vegas injury law firm can help you fight for your loved ones and will not rest until you receive the compensation you deserve.
Consult with a Las Vegas injury attorney today
Most injury cases have a limited time in which they can be filed. Contact Southwest Injury Law today to schedule a free consultation with an injury attorney in Las Vegas, NV to discuss your options.