Injury Lawyers in Las Vegas, Nevada
If you have been injured in an auto accident, motorcycle accident, tractor trailer accident, slip and fall incident, trip and fall incident or due to the negligence of a nursing home or assisted living facility, you may have important rights under the law. For example, you and your family are likely entitled to seek damages for your medical expenses, rehabilitation costs, lost wages, and pain and suffering damages. The Southwest Injury Law team has qualified injury lawyers in Las Vegas, Nevada who can assist you with all aspects of the claims process. Whether you need help speaking with insurance adjusters to get the best possible settlement or need help making a claim against a negligent party, Southwest Injury Law in Las Vegas, Nevada can help.
Auto Accidents: Common Injuries in Las Vegas, Nevada
Auto accidents can leave victims suffering from serious injuries. These injuries can impact all aspects of a person’s life. Here are some injury types Southwest Injury Law handles:
- Traumatic Brain Injury. Individuals with traumatic brain injury might experience changes in their memory, changes in mood, and may have trouble sleeping. Serious traumatic brain injury can lead to paralysis, loss of speech, and other devastating losses. Even mild traumatic brain injury can have a serious impact on a person’s quality of life. Mild traumatic brain injury might not be immediately diagnosed after an accident. The symptoms can sometimes take days or weeks to appear. If your loved one has suffered from memory changes, mood changes, or has experienced sleep disturbances after a crash, you may want to contact a qualified injury law firm like Southwest Injury Law in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Spinal Cord Injury. Spinal cord injury can lead to lifelong disability and paralysis. The lifetime costs of this kind of injury can be quite high. Spinal cord injury is considered a catastrophic injury. If you or a loved one has suffered this type of injury after a car accident, consider speaking to Southwest Injury Law in Las Vegas today.
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder. As we learn more about how traumatic events impact victims psychologically, more victims are receiving the treatment they need for their traumatic brain injuries after a crash. However, the cost of medical care for post-traumatic stress disorder can be quite high. If you have experienced difficulty sleeping, anxiety, depression, or have had difficulty driving or getting back into a car after a crash, you may be suffering from PTSD. Southwest Injury Law may be able to help you seek a recovery for your treatment.
These are just some of the serious injuries that victims can suffer after a car crash. Victims can also suffer internal injuries, like broken bones, internal bleeding that can sometimes require surgery, and other serious injuries. If you or a loved one was hurt in an auto accident, speak to the injury lawyers at Southwest Injury Law in Las Vegas, Nevada today.
Slip and Fall Injuries in Las Vegas
Slip and fall injuries in Las Vegas, Nevada can be devastating. According to the Centers for Disease Control, one in five falls results in serious injuries including broken bones, head injuries, or traumatic brain injury. Older Americans are most at risk of suffering serious injuries from slip and fall accidents. One out of four older Americans might fall each year. What are some of the most serious slip and fall injuries? Here are a few:
- Broken Hips. According to the CDC, more than 95% of all hip fractures are the result of slip, trip, and falls.
- Head Injuries. Slip and falls can sometimes result in head injuries, which can range from minor to severe. Even a minor bump on the head can leave victims suffering from the effects of mild traumatic brain injury.
- Spinal Cord Injuries. Spinal cord injuries can lead to permanent loss of motion or mobility. These injuries can be expensive in terms of emergency treatment and rehabilitation. In fact, victims and their families could face bills and expenses in excess of $1 million.
- Broken Bones. Broken bones can be incredibly painful, can interfere with regular life activities, and can result in lost time from work. If you have suffered a broken bone after a slip and fall, you are likely entitled to seek damages for your lost wages, pain and suffering, and medical expenses.
- Facet Injuries and Disc Injuries – Often times, an accident can cause traumatic injuries to the spine. These can be facet injuries or discogenic (disc or disk) injuries. Treatments can include branch blocks, rhizotomies, epidural injections and even surgery. If you have suffered a facet injury or herniated a disc (or disc protrusion or annular tear), you are likely entitled to seek damages for your lost wages, pain and suffering, and medical expenses.
Slip and fall accidents can happen in a range of settings. Whether they happen at a grocery store, a department store, a gas station, at work, at school, at a nursing home, or elsewhere, these injuries can be devastating for victims and their families. If you or a loved one has suffered a slip and fall injury, you and your family may be entitled to seek damages for your medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering. Southwest Injury Law are injury attorneys in Las Vegas, Nevada who may be able to help you receive the recovery you may deserve under the law.
Nursing Home Injuries in Las Vegas, Nevada
When you place your loved one in a nursing home, you expect the best possible care. However, sometimes nursing homes are understaffed, or nursing home caretakers fail to offer clients the service they deserve. When this happens, injuries can occur. Nursing home residents can suffer a range of injuries while in the care of a facility. Some nursing home injuries include:
- Bed Sores. Bed sores can range from mild to severe. In the most severe cases, bed sores can be deep and can extend to layers of the skin including fat, tendons, and even bones. These types of bed sores can be life-threatening and can involve serious infections.
- Medication Errors. Nursing home staff have a responsibility to ensure that nursing home residents receive their medication and the right dose. When patients receive the wrong medication, the wrong dose, or don’t receive their medication at all, they can suffer serious complications and injuries.
- Slip and Falls. Nursing homes should take steps to prevent slip and falls. This includes having the staff on hand to offer residents proper assistance and also installing hand rails and other safety features to prevent falls. When nursing homes fail to take reasonable measures to prevent falls, individuals can suffer broken hips, spinal cord injuries, head trauma, and broken bones.
- Infections. Poor hygiene in a nursing home, failure to properly prepare food, and lack of cleaning staff can lead to infections among residents and staff.
Nursing homes have a responsibility to keep their residents safe and healthy. If you or a loved one was hurt in a nursing home accident or due to the negligence or neglect of nursing home, staff, you may have certain rights under the law. Southwest Injury Law is an injury law firm in Las Vegas, Nevada that may be able to help you.
Who is the Best Injury Lawyer in Las Vegas, Nevada?
The best injury lawyer in Las Vegas, Nevada is the law firm that will take the time to understand your unique challenges and needs and fight to help you get the best possible recovery under the law. Pursuing a personal injury claim involves proving that another person or party may have been negligent for your accident and showing that the damages you have sustained are connected to this negligence. Southwest Injury Law are injury attorneys in Las Vegas, Nevada who put clients first. Contact us today for a free, initial consultation. We will review your case and can offer you an honest assessment of your claim.